HOW IS THE AWOB APPROACH UNIQUE?
1) Tabitha takes the time to focus exclusively on you. She does not work multiple rooms and she keeps her client load small - usually no more than 10 people a week. This allows her to take the time to listen you and get to know you as a person. It also helps her catch symptoms and contributing factors that other practitioners might miss as well as to understand your pain in the context of your life.
2) You are treated like an intelligent participant in your own healing process. Medicine is not something done to you. Instead the emphasis is on healing partnership in which Tabitha provides resources, expertise, and options and you decide what goals you want to work on.
3) Acupuncture, Massage Therapy and other techniques are used to address muscular, tissue, and neurological aspects of pain that other conventional treatments do not. Both natural and safe, they can have equal benefit for relieving physical pain and helping to balance, integrate & transform the effects of mental-emotional pain.
4) In every session, the goal is to give you immediate symptom relief while also addressing the underlying source of pain. What caused you to develop your pain in the first place, and what is keeping you from moving forward?
5) You are treated as a whole person. Research shows what we know intuitively. Mind affects the body and body affects the mind. People who are constantly in pain tend to become anxious and depressed. People who are anxious and depressed tend to be more sensitive to pain stimuli and to develop pain syndromes.
6) Illness and pain are explored as important messengers for change. Pain is an important messenger. Without it, we wouldn't know anything was wrong. While illness and pain can crack the foundation of who we think we are and where we think we are going in life, they can also lead us to inner resources we never knew we possessed and call us to live the most authentic and vibrant part of ourselves. How can you find meaning in what you are experiencing right now and how can you use it as a vehicle for transformation and healing?
7) AWOB provides tools for change and empowered healing. In addition to individual treatment, other tools such as wellness coaching, healing exercises such as customized Qigong ("chee-gong") and other techniques are provided to help you thrive through the challenges in your life while simultaneously creating vibrant health and well-being.
8) Not local to Portland, Oregon? No problem! Did you know that you can work with Tabitha online? Check out www.impowerhealing.com where you can get individual wellness and life coaching and take some AMAZING classes on managing stress and reclaiming your inner power to heal (and yes, if you are local you can join me for classes there too)!